Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Way of the Wind-continued

April 30 The Way of the Wind- continued

Okay.  As I mentioned in the last blog, I was turning my attention toward the importance of embracing change. I had written my KeyNotes content on the changes of the wind. It was ready to publish. Suddenly, my posting was forced onto the back burner by another the shift in the wind.

Overwhelming changes have occurred over the past three weeks, bringing most of my work to a screeching halt. Two days after the storm, a new storm system arrived, taking over my body in the form of a virus which I was informed there is no antibiotic for. Adding in a high fever and traces of pneumonia, there I was, lying in bed helplessly listening to the rain pouring from the roof gutter out into the void where the spouting has been located for eighteen years. But there it was, lying in the back yard. Me and the spouting, flat on our back and we can’t do a thing bout it.
With the rain, the temperature dropped and once again, I could hear the swirling wind, as it attempted to push the cold air through the cracks of the broken window. 

So, me, the spouting, the broken window and my new companion who had no plans to be going anywhere for  long time- coughing. Relentless coughing, leading to muscle aches and strains. In denial that this couldn’t all be happening at the same time, I held onto hope. My house was coming undone and something was unraveling inside of me, yet still, hope embraced me. Today, day number 25 of this ordeal, I appear to be gradually returning to my normal routine. Unfortunately, I have lost income and the month of April just wasn’t meant to be a good one.

This time, the way of the wind paralyzed most of my activity. As I mentioned in the previous blog, embracing change is about the acceptance and learning experience at a much deeper level. When I think of the three roads trips for April, which had been scheduled for over one year, (all music performances), I believe there was a reason why I was not destined to travel. That old crazy angel I’ve written about from time to time, I’m certain that he held me captive for a greater reason than I’ll understand. As I try to understand my need to embrace change, it’s comforting to believe that I have been in the embrace of his wings.

Over these 25 days, I have been reminded of how fortunate I am to have dear friends. My mother’s friends and neighbors who checked in on me with their homemade remedies, chicken and noodles and tea seemed to be the best medicine. The loving smiles of my lifetime pals brought me back. Text messages sure come in handy when you completely lose your voice! It did get a little scary for a few days. I’ll admit that.


Tomorrow is day 26. April is almost over. I’m waiting to hear from the insurance company and I am so grateful to have made it to this point. There was a reason for all of this. It’s almost May and I’m ready to move on. Let’s go!

No comments:

Post a Comment