Thursday, March 31, 2016

No April Fool

It was three years ago when doctors saved my life. Rushing me into surgery in the nick of time, they removed a seven-and-a-half pound cyst from my abdomen. Guess what? Surgery was on April Fool’s Day.

After awakening from recovery, the afternoon sun was pouring into my hospital room window. Its rays were like those you see in a painting or an inspirational greeting card. I asked the nurse to help me rise up and turn to sit on the side of the bed. I needed to feel the golden warm glow on my face.

My room was located one floor above the helicopter pad, but at the moment there were no incoming emergencies. In the silence, I heard my inner voice say, “We made it, we’re still here!” Thank you, God. Proof that I am here for a reason, I continue on a mission to love, care and teach.

Only one month before this surgery, my mother had her left breast removed, along with several lymph nodes. The cancer was metastasizing. She and everyone else knew it, but I was in denial. The clock was ticking, there was no turning back. She had fought it for twenty years and it was winning.

My story isn’t unique, by any means. Mine is simply another life experience on this planet. But I’m tough, bullheaded and determined. I know who I am, trust completely in myself and will never give up until God whispers in my ear that my mission is complete.

On April Fool’s Day, they saved my life and saved for countless reasons. First, to care for my mother until the end. Beyond that, my soul reminds me, “YOU are the Key!”

Link to "Among the Fallen Leaves: Journal on the Battlefield of Cancer":

 “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.”
                                                                                                                                 . . . Cayla Mills

If you’d like to share your comments or have a question, please post them here. To learn more about my eBook, Self-Discovery Course and Self-Discovery Lecture Series,  
check out http://YOUaretheKey1.com. Share YOU are the Key with those you love, admire and mentor. Link to Amazon Kindle:


YOU are the Key!

No comments:

Post a Comment